Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Legislating Morality From the Bench

So how do you get a 17 year old girl to stop doing drugs? Well, according to Judge Lori Blake, you make her stop having sex until she moves out of her parents' house. I'm not sure how exactly it helps anything, but I think it's a good idea because I don't think 17-Year-Old girls should be having sex out of wedlock anyway. I have to admit, I don't understand how this can be enforced. I guess she just has to avoid getting pregnant, or else she'll be arrested for violating a court order.

Apparently this Judge has a 10 month history of prohibiting "tattoos, body piercings, earrings and clothing 'associated with the drug culture' for those on probation." She even makes female lawyers cover up their bare arms while they are in her courtroom. My fellow Conservatives, I think we've found our ideal Supreme Court nominee. My guess is Bush will shoot for the center again, but it's fun to imagine Republicans trying to slip Ms Blake into O'Conner's spot. "Of course religion plays a part in my decisions, religion defines my ethics, which allows me to make clear, level-headed decisions about what is right and wrong." I can see members in Congress collectively scratching their heads at that remark, just before half of them become outraged.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home