Thursday, April 14, 2005

 

Outsourcing A.D.D.

About this time last year, the U.S. Department of Labor did a study on the first two months of 2004 concerning the impact of outsourcing on the job market. I am doing a presentation on this subject tomorrow, so I made this graph to show what percentages of jobs lost were actually outsourced during the given time period. I thought I'd post it and establish, with a little picture, just what a collosal idiot Bush is for losing so many jobs to overseas market.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



The circle represents the jobs lost in January-March 2004, the yellow sliver is what was lost due to outsourcing, and the blue is everything else. If only Bush had implemented more protectionist policies, then the blue circle could have been even bigger! Arguably the same policies would have an negatively exponential effect on the amount of jobs created in the following months, but who even knows what that means?

Job loss is a sad fact of life, and despite this travesty, the United States employs more people today than it ever has before- close to 140 million. What gets me is that before Bush was re-elected there was so much sympathy for those hurt by outsourcing. Since then, I haven't heard a word about it. I guess I'm not the only person with "Liberal Rhetoric A.D.D.", Liberals seem to have all been stricken with the same disorder as soon as they lost the election.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home